James B. Manning, MD
J.ames B. Manning, MD was born and raised in Southern Idaho. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Idaho. He attended medical school at the University of Washington. He completed an Internship at the Los Angeles County’s University of Southern California Medical Center. He completed his Orthopedic Residency at the University of Utah followed by a fellowship in Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine at Orthopedic Research of Virginia. Dr. Manning is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He recently earned a master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Washington.
Since completing his surgical training in 1988, Dr. Manning has practiced Orthopedic surgery in Las Vegas. He has been the team physician for several local high schools. Dr. Manning interests include skiing, flying, piano and computers.
|1978||University of Idaho, Bachelor of Science, Bacteriology, Moscow, Idaho|
|1981||University of Washington, Doctor of Medicine, Seattle, Washington|
Post Graduate Training:
|1981-1982||University of Washington, NIH Trauma Research Fellowship, Seattle, Washington|
|1982-1983||USC Medical Center, General Surgery Internship, Los Angeles County, California|
|1983-1987||University of Utah, Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Salt Lake City, Utah|
|1987-1988||Orthopedic Research of Virginia, Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Richmond, Virginia|
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery July 2010
Publication and Presentations:
- “Fat Release after Femur Nailing in the Dog,” American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Annual Meeting, Colorado Springs, September 1982.
- “Fat Embolism Syndrome and Early Fracture Fixation,” University of Utah Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds, May 1985.
- “Management of Open Fractures,” University of Utah Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, May 1986.
- “Intrapatellar Contracture Syndrome,” University of Utah Sports Medicine Grand Rounds, September 1986.
- “Reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Using Allografts,” Nevada Orthopedic Society, 1988.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery-Board Certified
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Nevada Orthopedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- University Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Specialty Surgical Center
- San Martin Hospital
- Mountain View Hospital